You may have spent a lot of time worrying about the health and appearance of your teeth, but your gums are just as integral to your smile. Ideally, gums should have a rosy pink color and should frame teeth evenly. If there is too much gum tissue, it can make teeth appear shorter or smaller and create imbalance in your smile. However, there is a safe and easy gum recontouring procedure designed to help patients with excess gum tissue minimize their “gummy” smiles.
Dr. Terry Bass is a highly skilled gum-reshaping artist. This treatment requires precision and a complete understanding of laser technology. After a thorough consultation, Dr. Bass and his Team will go over the details and show you Before and After photos. For more information about gum recontouring, please call our Edmond area office at 405-622-8996 to discuss the details.
What Does Gum Recontouring Involve?
When you undergo your gum recontouring procedure, a soft-tissue laser is used to vaporize excess gum tissue and create a clean, attractive gum appearance. Laser technology has changed the way things are done in cosmetic dentistry. This state-of-the-art tool makes gum recontouring so much more convenient than it used to be.
Before laser technology was used, gum recontouring had to be performed surgically. Now, using targeted laser light, Dr. Terry Bass is able to reshape gum tissue with extreme accuracy and safety. Laser light allows Dr. Bass to remove unwanted tissue without harming surrounding gum tissue. The laser provides reduced risk with no cutting and no stitches. Healing is also quick and the results can be dramatic.
- During your initial consultation, Dr. Bass will help you decide if gum recontouring is the right choice. You will then set your recontouring appointment.
- During the procedure, Dr. Bass will begin by numbing the gum tissue.
- Then, the laser light is aimed at the gum tissue for the reshaping process. The actual laser treatment is completely painless.
- After the reshaping is complete, Dr. Bass will let you know what you can expect during the healing process. In most cases, there is little or no downtime after gum recontouring. Swelling and discomfort are only temporary, and medication is available.
- The result is an even, consistent gum line and a healthy-looking smile.
If you would like to find out more about enhancing your smile with gum recontouring, talk to our Edmond cosmetic dentist for all the answers you need. Our Team helps patients get the beautiful, healthy smiles they have always wanted. Please contact Terry Bass, D.D.S. online or by phone at 405-622-8996 today for a consultation.