When choosing a sedation dentist there are a number of different factors to consider that play an important role in the outcome of a procedure and your overall comfort in the dentist's chair. Dr. Terry Bass makes it his goal to provide individuals who are uncomfortable at the dentist's office the least stressful and least memorable experience possible while at the dentist. In fact, many of our patients find that they have no memory of the procedure at all after they are finished.
To learn more about sleep dentistry solutions in and around Lawton, Oklahoma, please call 405-622-8996 today.
What to look for in a Sedation Dentist:
- Education: When using sedation dentistry techniques you want to make sure that your dentist is as highly educated as possible in the methods of sedation dentistry. With an education from the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, Dr. Terry Bass has extensive training in this area.
- On-Going Training: Membership in organizations such as DOCS (Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation) insures that your dentist is up to date in the latest methods of sedation dentistry and is an active member in the community that supports the safe practice of conscious sedation.
- Types of Sedation Offered: There are three major methods for sedation at a dentist's office. There is oral sedation, nitrous sedation, and IV sedation. Depending on your level of anxiety and your medical history there will be one option that best suits your situation.
- Patient Monitoring: You will want to be sure that your dentist provides you with constant monitoring while you are sedated in order to make sure that no complications arise from the sedatives (something that only happens in rare circumstances).
- Medical History: A thorough review of your medical history by the dentist you choose, including any medications you are currently taking, is necessary in order to make sure that sedation dentistry is the right choice for you.
At the office of Dr. Terry Bass, you'll find an experienced Team who are aware of the anxiety and stress that quite a few people experience while visiting the dentist. We make it our goal to make your visit to our office as pleasant as possible even if that means you don't want to remember it at all.
If you live in Edmond, Lawton, Norman, or Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and you experience anxiety over visiting the dentist and are looking for a dentist experienced in sedation dentistry, please contact us online or call 405-622-8996 to arrange a consultation with Dr. Terry Bass to discuss your situation and what method of sedation is right for you.