Getting dental implants is one of the more serious procedures one can have at the dentist. It involves implanting a false root directly into the jawbone so that a false tooth can be put in without having to attach it to the adjoining teeth. This process can take up to nine months to complete.
For this reason, the choice of which dentist is going to perform this surgery is extremely important. Dr. Terry Bass and his professional Team are there with you every step of the way to make sure that this process goes as smoothly as possible. For more information about implant dentistry in the Edmond area, please call 405-848-7780 today.
Things to Look for in an Implant Dentist:
- Education: Dr. Terry Bass has received post-graduate training from the world’s leading institute for advanced dental training, LVI (Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies). At LVI, Dr. Bass received an education in the latest methods in Cosmetic Dentistry and the use of state-of-the-art dental technology.
- Technology: Along with an excellent education, you also want your dentist to be using the latest in dental technology. Without the right technology there is only so much that even the most highly trained dentist can accomplish. Dr. Terry Bass makes it a priority to be on the leading edge of dental technology so that his patients can have the best dental care possible.
- Experience: Not only do you want to look for the very best in education and technology at your dentist’s office, but also you should ask how many of these procedures your dentist has performed. Having performed thousands of cosmetic dentistry procedures, Dr. Terry Bass and his Team have a very broad base of experiences in almost all circumstances that could be encountered during an implant procedure.
- Sedation: Implant surgery is oftentimes uncomfortable if not painful. Having a dentist that has experience in the latest sedation dentistry techniques allows you to go through this sometimes-unpleasant procedure with a minimum of discomfort. Medication will also be prescribed to help you deal with discomfort during the healing process.
- A Friendly Environment: It is important that you feel comfortable at you dentist’s office, especially for an implant procedure. Your procedure can take a number of months and more than one visit to our office to complete. For this reason we strive to make your experience as pleasant as possible by always having a friendly staff and extra amenities not offered by many other dentists.
If you live in Edmond, Lawton, Norman, or Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and are considering implant dentistry, please contact the office of Oklahoma dentist Dr. Terry Bass through our online form or by calling 405-848-7780 to see if implants are right for you.